I am available as a public speaker on a variety of wildlife and conservation related topics. These may include my work on native mammal ecology, nature writing, the work of my affiliated organisations such as A Focus on Nature, and rewilding and species reintroduction.
I am also adequately experienced to deliver workshops on small mammal survey techniques, such as live trapping, field sign searches and footprint tunnels, as well as camera trapping for larger mammals.
Fees will be dependent on the distance travelled and nature of the event, and can be discussed in person.
Upcoming talks and workshops:
- 18th August 2017 – Martian Cats & Living Pinecones: Saving Vietnam’s Pangolins & Carnivores. Lecture at the Birdfair, Rutland Water.
Previous events include:
- 28th January 2017 – Small mammal trapping & owl pellet workshop, Cornwall Mammal Group. Woodland Valley Farm, Ladock, Cornwall.
- 20th-22nd April 2017 – Naturewatch interactive session, Conservation Optimism Summit, Dulwich College & ZSL London Zoo.
- 16th June 2017 – ‘University Mammal Challenge’, The Mammal Society 6th Student Conference, Newcastle University.
- 17th October 2016 – ‘The Mammals of Hampshire’s Wetlands’, Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust, Romsey.
- 17th October 2016 – ‘Autumn Nature’, Halterworth Primary School
- 1st October 2016 – Cornish Mammal Conference (Host & Introductory Speaker), University of Exeter Penryn Campus.
- 20th May 2016 – ‘Mammals of Farmland’ workshop, Kingfisher Award Scheme, FWAG Wiltshire.
- 20th April 2015 – Rewilding Workshop, A Focus on Nature, Wildwood Trust Park, Kent.
- 28th September 2014 – British Mammals Workshop, A Focus on Nature, Upcott Grange Farm, Devon.
- 9th September 2014 – ‘Waxwinging Lyrical: Nature Writing & Environmental Journalism’, Vision for Nature Conference, Cambridge University.
For all events enquiries, please send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.